Beginning of Registration for Arabic Language Qualification Exam for PhD and Master's Students
The School of Graduate Studies announces that the Arabic Language Qualification Exam will be held for PhD and Master's students on Monday 20/2/2017. Students who wish to apply for the exam are required to pay the exam fees (10 JDs) in the financial department at the Unit of Admission and Registration. The time and place of the exam sessions will be announced later. Kindly be noted that the financial receipts should be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies no later than Sunday 19/2/2017. Students with special needs should bring with them an official letter from the Deanship of Student Affairs with the name of the student they accompany for the exam.
Note: Unless the student has submitted the financial receipt before the date mentioned above, he or she will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
First: Scores required for passing the exam are as follows:
· Students who study in the university in Arabic and whose mother language is Arabic should get (70%). The exam is conditioned for registering the thesis, and if the student is in the non-thesis track, he or she should not exceed their third semester of enrolment in the program when undergoing the exam.
· Students who study in the university in Arabic and whose mother language is not Arabic should get (60%). They should undergo the exam in their first semester at the university.
· Students who study in other languages should get (60%). The exam is required for their graduation.
· Non-speakers of the Arabic language (including students who are originally Arabs) who study in other languages are exempted from the exam.
· Students who do not pass the exam are eligible to take a special course from the Arabic Language Department in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Jordan. To get more information on how to register for this course, kindly contact the Unit of Admission and Registration.
Second: The following references can help the students prepare themselves for the exam:
- Qawa'ied Al-Imla' – Abd Al-Salam Haroun
- Al-Mufrad Al-Amal Fi Rasm Al-Qalam – Ahmad Al-Hashimi
- Al-Imla' Wal Tarqeem – Abd Al-Aleem Ibrahim
- Al-Imla' Wal Tarqeem – Yousef Sohaimat
- Ilm Al-Imla' – Ali Jawad
- Jame; Al-Duroos Al-Arabiyya – Mustafa Al-Ghalayeeni
- Shatha Al-Orf Fi Fan Al-Sarf – Ahmad Al-Himlawi
Third: General Instructions
· Students should be available in the location 15 minutes before the timing of the exam.
· Students should bring with them an identity proof (university ID, personal ID, or passport).
· Students should bring with them the second copy of the exam receipt.